Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Boston, the new with the old.

Boston, Boston...Boston!
Okay so I think Boston is my all around favorite city so far, well Mass. all together. I've been to Boston, Maine and New Hampshire when I was younger and LOVED them all. Now back to Boston as an adult and also Cambridge and they are all up there on the top of the list.


Public Gardens


The old with the new. Don't know what building this is but I just like it!

First, with all that I love.
The cleanliness of the city as a whole. There were some streets that weren't as well maintained but that was no biggy. The homeless situation if there was much of one, wasn't really seen or noticed. (other cities were a bit overwhelming at times). The people, locals and tourists were all friendly and kind. The shops were awesome. Didn't do as much shopping as I would have liked but we didn't go there to shop, so I'll live! The food, we didn't have a bad meal once. The train station (South Station) was very clean. The bus tour that we took was decent in price.

The not so good.
Pretty pricy town in general; Hotels, cabs and food. The trains/subways were a little confusing compared to other cities we've been to.

Food: Legal Seafood Co. had really good food and drinks and the waitress was super friendly. She gave us her employee discount on some bottled water. $1 each for fancy water in glass bottles... We just wanted something to take with us on our tour the next day! Glass bottles weren't to conducive for our day of backpack touring through the city. Hahaa it was some good water though!!




My watermelon martini and Jer's Stella. It tasted like they juiced a watermelon. It tasted so yummy I didn't want to stop. So....



Sangria! (yummy too!)

Tour: the first bus we got on the driver was an older gentleman who grew up in Boston, I think he said he was the 5th generation. He had a lot of knowledge of EVERYTHING, Boston & surrounding. He was funny and told lots of stories about growing up in the city way back when.


Hotel: we stayed at a place called Royal Sonesta. I was kinda worried at first because when we were booking hotels we were trying to stick to our budget and that meant not getting the top notch places with 5 stars. We read reviews and this one was a toss up. Some good and some bad. We booked it and I am so very glad we did. It was beautiful. The view of the bay, the bed & sheets were comfy and fluffy, the towels were hair free and soft. From the lobby to the bathroom everything was clean and welcoming. Loved the soaps and lotions. That's a big deal to me and I don't know why.

We are now a few days in D.C. and I know this is way late but we have been going going going. Can't wait to see everything here and share all the pictures and stories with you.

Later Gator!


1 comment:

  1. Aww so glad there wasn't hair in your towels!! Haa Haa ;)

    P.S...battered women shelters take un-opened hotel shampoos..conditioners..soaps..etc. I know you have a small bag but every little bit helps..we can find one by you and take our's together when you get back!! LOVE YOU ALL*

    P.S.S...quack quack

    ReplyDelete