Friday, September 10, 2010

Chicago Hurt Me So Good!

The Windy City blew me away! Great people, great places and a great visit! All of our stops are brief and during this short jont we experienced a few things.

When we arrived into the Chicago/O'Hare Airport we didn't exactly know how we were going to get to the Wyndham Hotel near downtown. As we strolled into our gate the answer came to us like a beam of light. Of course, the light was from the "Visitor's Center" kiosk that greeted us, which the man working the kiosk proceeded to inform us that a metro line would get us to where we needed to go. It took us an hour but it would have cost us 10 times as much to take a cab and Pressley enjoyed the train ride.

Sara's post will tell you more about what we did with some pics, but I on the other hand will tell you what happened. We walked!! First day of this trip in a big city and of course you walk everywhere. Needless to say I am now on the DL (disabled list for the non-sports enthusiast). My right foot is down for the count and sore! I iced it and I may only be day-to-day and with Boston coming up tomorrow morning I need to recover fast.




Oh yeah, I found Ben Franklin! I tried to stand like him, but one can not imitate greatness. I'm sure not doing a good job of it!

Boston here we come! Bum foot and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment