Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 2 NYC

NYC Day-2

Jeremy’s younger brother, wife, (Ry’s friend Erin) and baby were in town at the same time as us. We were able to meet up with them for lunch at Rockefeller Center Cafe on Tuesday. It was a really nice restaurant with really good food. The peach sangria was yummy too!

Later that day we all got together to go to Yankee Stadium to watch Jamie play. We (Ryane, Erin, Camden, Jeremy, Pressley and me) made our way through the NYC subway system. It seemed like we walked through more underground subway tunnels than we actually rode on the subway. Don’t know how that happened! The stadium was cool. I had really wanted to see the old stadium before they moved but that never happened.




We sat across from a true New York heckler. This guy was so loud and crazy, I’m glad we weren’t below him. He was sticking his tongue out making raspberries and spit was going everywhere. It was NASTY! We had two babies who were more quiet. Erin got some garlic fries that looked really yummy and smelt pretty good too. We had to walk a few flights of stairs for them so I told her they better be worth it. Haha!

After the game we met up with Jamie and took a car back to their hotel. Of course we stopped at a bakery next to their hotel for some desert before bed. As if the hot dogs, corn dogs, fries and a soda wasn’t enough for me! I don’t remember the name of the place but Erin got the cheesecake with strawberry topping, I got the strawberry shortcake and Ry got the cannoli. I didn’t taste Ry’s but I will say the cheesecake was my favorite. The shortcake was plain with not much flavor or sweetness.



Jeremy, Pressley and I walked from their hotel at Time Square to our hotel across from Penn Station at about 12:30 a.m. The streets were much quieter at that time and so were the sidewalks. It took us less then 15 minutes to walk back to our room. There were just a few shady characters out on the streets. I try to always be aware of my surroundings. We felt safe and we got back to our room with no cool stories to tell.



Erin with Pressley and Camden in front of Yankee Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment