Saturday, October 9, 2010

NYC - Day 3

Okay I hate technology sometimes. This is my 3rd time writing this and hopefully my last. My Blogpress app is crap and won't let me open it to access my drafts. So here we go, again!

NYC Day-3

Since we had a late night we decided to sleep in and take our time. We all were up about 10ish. We kinda skipped breakfast so on our way to meet up with everyone for lunch we picked up some fruit from a street vendor (3 bananas for $1, Not bad compared to D.C. where they wanted $1.50 for 1 banana) and yogurt from the Kmart that was across the street from our hotel ($1.15 each, our hotel wanted $2.50). I miss my coupons and specials, I can’t wait to go real grocery shopping.
We took our time walking the streets while eating our snack before lunch. We love how the city has so much going on and people everywhere. You catch yourself walking really fast like you have somewhere really important to be, even though you don't. I guess we fit in pretty well and looked like we knew what we were doing and where we were going because we were asked directions 4 times in the 3 days we were there.

So we finally met up with Ryane, Erin and Camden for lunch and our fun filled day. We had a nice laugh trying to hail a cab on a busy street on a busy day. It took a few different street corners and a bunch of waving to finally get our butts in one but we did it and we took the cab to a place called Serendipity 3. It was a little cramped at first until you make your way upstairs where they have the tables and serve the food. Downstairs is an overfilled gift shop and up the narrow staircase is where the magic happens. The food was awesome. I had the sautéed chicken breast covered with chilled cucumbers, tomatoes and basil, yum yum. They are known for their desserts thanks to Oprah. We indulged in the iced hot chocolates. I should have splurged and ordered one for myself but I was trying to be good and share with Jeremy but then Pressley got a taste of it and drank pretty much most of it. She didn't want to share! BRAT!




After our bellies were full we rolled over to Dylan's Candy Bar. It was 3 or so floors of just candy and treats. I only saw one floor and was overwhelmed. They wanted $12.99 per LBS of candy. We had to get a small bag to just say we did, so "we did" and I would have to say I like the sweet factory 10 times more. It wasn't worth the money. They had a fudge bar that I didn't see, it was located on a different floor. It looked yummy(from the pictures I saw), maybe we should have made the trip down. This candy bar is owned by Dylan Lauren, daughter of Ralph Lauren (clothing designer).



I would say if your in NYC and are bored or walk past it then stop in. There might be something you will like. Ryane bought her oldest daughter a bag of candy with brain gummies, eye balls and sunny side up eggs. They did have some pretty cool looking candy especially for Halloween. I'm more about taste then appearance I guess.

Once we split from the group we headed toward our hotel but on the way came across the New York City Public Library. It was huge. We walked for 5 minutes without seeing 1 book, we laughed because we couldn't find a book in a library. We did find the children's section of the library it had its own wing all by itself. Needless to say we spent 30 minutes letting Pressley run around amongst all the kids, books and pillows, oh and lady on her cell phone wanting quiet while in the kids section. Pressley was laughing and squealing with excitement. No apologies to you lady!

New York City Public Library

Halls in NYCPL

We made our way back to our hotel and rested up for dinner. We had to run through the rain it was so fun. It was a mexican restaurant that closed and turned into a bar that served mexican food after a certian time. So we had to run back to our hotel in the rain with our food in a paper bag. The lightning lit up the night sky all the way back. It was a super awesome last night in NYC.

Tomorrow we will be on our way to Jamaica.

(This post was from September 23rd 2010)

2 comments:

  1. this candy bar place sounds like my kinda heaven! 3 stories of candy...mmmmmm yum! lol me and my sweet tooth! Ok I'm officially jealous of your vaca....not only have you been traveling around the U.S. but now you're going to Jamaica? I'll see you there! hahaha I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the first places my nephew RJ from Utah goes is Serrendipity III. He loves it.

    ReplyDelete